We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Carbon monoxide poisoning: woman found lifeless in her apartment
In Langsur (Rhineland-Palatinate) a woman has been found lifeless in her apartment. It could not be reanimated. According to the police, she apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Experts repeatedly warn against underestimating the dangers of carbon monoxide.
Woman found lifeless in her apartment
In the Rhineland-Palatinate town of Langsur (Trier-Saarburg district), a woman was found lifeless in her apartment early Monday morning. It could not be revived. Local police believe she died of carbon monoxide poisoning. According to the investigators, two relatives of the dead and two rescue workers also suffered poisoning. The police have cleared the entire apartment building. Rescue workers from the fire brigade, the Red Cross and emergency doctors are in large-scale operations. The cause of the carbon monoxide leakage is still unclear.
Health risks from carbon monoxide
Experts repeatedly warn against underestimating the dangers of carbon monoxide. The chemical compound can lead to headaches even in low concentrations of 200 particles per million air molecules (ppm). At a higher concentration, symptoms such as rapid heartbeat, hallucinations, dizziness, shortness of breath, nausea and vomiting or fainting.
Especially in closed rooms and at higher concentrations, the odorless and tasteless compound can also cause fatal poisoning. The cause of such poisoning is often found in defective gas heaters. But the gas also develops when burning glowing charcoal. What is unknown to many: Shisha smoking also poses a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. (ad)