Mass recall of UHT milk all over Germany
The Hochwald food group has launched a recall campaign for UHT milk from various brands. Some batches may contain harmful germs. According to the company, the affected products are “not suitable for consumption”.
Not suitable for consumption
Hochwald Foods GmbH has started a recall campaign for UHT milk from various brands due to unsterility. As the company reports on its website, the affected products are "in our own and expert opinion not suitable for consumption". According to the information, a germ was formed during production that passed into the milk. The food group from Thalfang near Trier supplies almost all major supermarket chains nationwide.
Contamination with germs
According to a report by the internet portal "produktwarnung.eu", information from the Hochwald quality management team when asked by consumers: "It is a contamination of certain products with germs that can possibly lead to health problems. Diarrhea, abdominal pain and cramps as well as nausea can occur within 24 hours after drinking the affected UHT milk. "
It goes on to say: "For children under 5 years of age, seniors, pregnant women and immunodeficient people, we recommend that they consult a doctor without any complaints after consuming the affected UHT milk."
Products affected by the recall
According to the company, the following products are affected by the recall:
- Penny brand, 1 liter, 3.5% with the best before dates 27.12.2016, 28.12.2016,
29.12.2016, 30.12.2016, 31.12.2016 and the identity code DE - RP 221- EG
- Penny brand, 1 liter, 1.5%, 27.12.2016, 30.12.2016, 31.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
- Gutes Land brand, 1 liter, 1.5%, 12/27/2016, 12/28/2016, 12/29/2016, 12/30/2016,
DE - RP 221- EG
- Gutes Land brand, 1 liter, 3.5%, 26.12.2016, 27.12.2016, 28.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
- K-Classic brand, 1 liter, 1.5%, 29.12.2016, 31.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
- Brand K-Classic, 1 liter, 3.5%, 28.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
- Correct brand, 1 liter, 1.5%, 27.12.2016, DE - RP 221- E
- Brand Gut & Günstig, 1 liter, 1.5%, 27.12.2016, 30.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
- Brand Gut & Günstig, 1 liter, 3.5%, 27.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
- Milbona brand, 1 liter, 1.5%, 27.12.2016, DE - RP 221- EG
Purchase price will be refunded
Hochwald Foods GmbH asks consumers not to consume the products mentioned. These are "to be destroyed as a precaution", "not to be passed on or mixed with other foods" or "to be returned to the point of sale", where the price will be reimbursed. (ad)